Thursday, May 07, 2015

People coming together for Nepal !

This Friday the 8th of May, there is going to be a Nepal Earthquake benefit show @ Door County Brewing Company, Baileys Harbor https://www.facebook.com/events/420271234822331/ If you are around in Door County, please stop by to support our local business because this business is supporting the people of Nepal. Thank you

Viva Nepal
FYI So far we are able to collect $ 7853.38 in total. This is all because of generous people like you out there my friends. I am so proud of you that you have made this possible. This fund will directly go the villages in Ichok. Partial fund has already been sent to Nepal as i have mentioned in my previous post for immediate essentials. More helps continuing from community of Door County. Thank you Thank You & Thank you. 

Oh I also wanted to share some thoughts and this picture because although, the picture is sad, there is a hope. This photo is courtesy of a mutual friend of mine shared it via facebook.

This disaster was beyond one could comprehend. Since the day of earthquake, I have been on the run for help everyday for the people of my village in remote Nepal. I should not say my people because they are everyone's people. We live in a single planet therefore we are one. True, color may differ, location may differ but blood, sweat, & tears feels the same in any place or race.

I could not imagine human suffering of this scale. I have cried many times for the people of Nepal. I have series of thoughts that i would like to share here. This is not just Nepal story, this is a human story. This is my story and your story. Everyone's story/ One day we all have to leave this earth. No one knows when. While we are alive at least we could do something about it. We could in fact ease the pain of these people who have lost everything. We want our children to remember that we were part of something big. I cannot imagine what Nepal might have gone through this last 13 days and many more to come. What is generosity? How do we cultivate the true compassion? Must inquire within as Buddha says.


My wife Kim & I in Jyambeyang Primary School 2008 with village children & school teachers. This is very school my father help build. My help will go here. 
That is why; To whom it may concern as it should concern all of us. The life is fragile, the planet is fragile. Everyone cries when they lose and everyone laughs when they win. Everyone suffers, everyone loses and everyone wins, it is just a matter of time. I hope, every Nepali's faith is still alive. I hope, they would not lose hope. My prayers Om Mani Padme Hum, hail to the jewel on the lotus. May all beings be free from suffering and attain supreme happiness, just like how I wish to feel every single moment. May we respect and honor to the divinity within oneself therefore in others equally. My wishing to be happy and feel safe is no bigger than yours. Hence, this moment is our moment to rise above our own little world of comfort & become part of something big for the cause of human suffering. In Buddhism, such true altruistic practitioners were called Bodhisattvas. Although, Bodhisattvas had opportunity to become enlightened, they would give up being enlightened and rather help as many suffering as possible, may it be eons of life cycle. Now, in this day and age such beings are hard to be seen, doesn't mean they do not exist. That very Bodhisattva could be you. Why not? Because if one's intention is pure and if one were to give without any expectation or wishing nothing in return then your generosity is clean & pure. The power of pure generosity (Dana in Sanskrit) cannot be underestimated. May it be a drop in an ocean still contributing to the ocean & becoming one with the ocean. That is why our purpose in life is to constantly strive to be a good, caring and responsible human being (citizen) of this planet. I think it is our duty and responsibility to act and participate to alleviate as many lives as possible.
Ichok village in 90s. 90 % of the village is destroyed. My relief  package is going here.  

Hence, my friends. Your contribution will not go wasted. Your every single drops will be collected and put to good use in this vast human suffering. I need as much help as I can get because the need of these people is unlike any that i have seen or know in my life time. Although, I am not there, I can still feel the pain. I grew up there. I have walked through those trails, I have visited those homes. I went to school with many who are still there or some may have left this earth. I don't quite know for sure. I urge all of us that, We must care. We all can take a pledge, "I am compassionate, I must practice it & I must try". Kindness is most likely the greatest asset of human race. We should act with good heart  and help these people so that we also can find peace. They need a friend right now to lean on. I heard a man saying on a video, "we are sleeping under the open sky and on the plain ground." People are running out of food. What ever food they could salvage are dwindling down as days pass by without any help coming their way. Children, olds and pregnant women are the most effected ones. "Villages beginning to stink, don't know whether it is human body or animals", my uncle who just came back from the village said. Most I spoke with have said, food seem to the number one priority for the people and that the very thing we will do.

Things are bad. On top, monsoon is coming soon. There could be landslides. If they cannot get supplies before the monsoon, life would be even harder for these poor people.

But I have faith, we will prevail, Nepali are resilient people . My sister Purnima said, "you wish for it and it will be fulfilled" as the quote from Mathew 7:7-8 goes "ask and you shall receive". I am asking to make this happen. I have approximately, 1100 households under my radar. If I can at least get them a sack of rice for a each family, it would at least hold them for a while. Please feel free to make a donation. This donation is like no other donation, its a need based, therefore it very important.

The bottom picture of Nepal flag to show the support for Nepal and to thank you all for your continues kindness towards people of Nepal.

No comments: