Sunday, May 03, 2015

Latest News from the village of Ichok !

These are the images that my sister Purnima took after visit to the village. She has delivered some immediate medical supplies. Situation is dire. Those who can get to their food stock, are running out of food. Due to the weekend funds hasn't been released yet, as soon as the funds available, we will be bringing rice, lentils, chili peppers & salt for immediate relief from hunger, so that the villagers continue to work on their homes. Time is very sensitive. My dad is still assessing the damages and collecting data. Mobile phone line is virtually unreachable in these villages.

Ichok and surrounding villages have approximately 900 households. So far, 109 deaths and many injured. Government relief package still has not arrived yet. Roads are slowly getting cleared however. That is a good news because it will help us to get to these villages with supplies faster. My effort to get help to these villages continues. Purnima and other volunteers are working tirelessly everyday. Purnima has been collecting basic clothing and food items in the cities. "This is a very hard times for everyone, who ever gives us anything to help these villages, we will accept it." says Purnima. Here in the States, I have been promoting day in day out to get my message across in my community. People here in Door County, Wisconsin and other states have been very supportive & receptive. For those of you who have helped me, on behalf of my villagers & Nepal, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind generosity. Please if you have not donated I would like to ask for your help.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114540255542072179091/albums/6144852702314741969?authkey=CK-Hn_nWx9rWIQ

No comments: