Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More Himalayan Presentation at Southern Door High School, Sturgeon Bay



Once again, I was able to give "Places & Faces of the Himalaya" for a local school (Southern Door High School) here in Sturgeon Bay, WI for "World History" Junior students, which is taught by Luke Goral. Here are some of the shots we took from the presentation. My presentation were for two different classes. My presentation focuses on People, landscapes (geography), lifestyle, economy, environment and culture of Himalayans. Mr. Goral had some questions and I hope I answered them well because the purpose behind it is to share information to one another and make this world a small place. Even though a drop in big ocean, still means a lot, without those drops ocean could not have been ocean. So, bottom line is no matter what we contribute, still it is contribution and it counts. At least for me.
I was not able to take picture for the second one because of the time factor but both of the class students enjoyed the presentation and I hope they learned something from it. I am really happy to do what I do. This is the way to introduce Nepal and Nepali people to the world. At least that is what I think. So, let me know if you need a speaker for any event.

Prem

2 comments:

Vulgarism said...

Hello Prem Lama!

I am one of the students from the Southern Door World History class. I was the one who asked about your store.

The presentation you gave was extremely interesting. I would have never thought that you came from such a small village. The pictures you had were breath-taking.

I would like to say that by you informing people about Nepal, hopefully some will open their mind about other countries.

Don't stop going around with your presentation, it was great. You are an extremely nice and easy to talk to guy, and I hope we can meet again.

I, for one, will try and visit your store and see if I can learn more about Nepal.

Thank you Prem!!!

- Kirby Forsythe

Prem said...

Thank you for your coment. I really appreciate that because without feedback, there is no way of finding out how actually I did. So, once again, thanks and keep your mind open because we know very little about the world.

Prem