Friday, April 20, 2007

Himalayan Presentation @ Edison Middle School Green Bay 2007

Dear Readers,
Due to the shortage of time in my schedule I am not being able to update my blog as often as I want to. However, I do update frequently or as often as I can to make sure that you get the news or something from this blog. So, please visit when ever you can.

Anyway, once again Edison Middle School in Green Bay was able to have a presentation on Himalayan life based on my (Prem Lama) personal life story, growing up in the mountain of Nepal.

I have been doing this presentation since 2004. So far, I have presented over a dozen times to various locations, schools, libraries, clubs, churches & collages. Its a slide show presentation called "Places & Faces of the Himalaya". The following link will give you a glimpse of my show, however it will not be in the video like what you are seeing in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D8DArpAIY0 . Video views 2688 times and 100 % 5 star rating.

This year for the presentation Justin Miller, who organises the show had a very different idea. The presentation was served with Indian buffet lunch. We had Rice (Pulau), Chicken Tanduri (roasted Chicken), Nan (Puffed bread), Lintel Soup (Dal), Chana Masala (Pea curry), Pakora (Veg. like Tampura), Chicken Curry, some pickles & Rice Pudding (Khir). It was an excellent idea. I explained about each food and spices because most Himalayan people share similar spices, which come from India. Well, without further due, I would like to present some pictures that I took during the event. Oh! event took place on April 17th Tuesday 07.
Enjoy. Prem









No comments: